Adult Carers Resources
There is a great deal of information and advice available but it can be a frustrating and time-consuming process trying to find answers to questions that carers face on a daily basis. At TCC we aim to either answer your query with minimum delay or at least know where to seek the appropriate advice if not immediately apparent. Many specific conditions / disabilities have their own dedicated web sites which can provide specific help and advice - but for more generic national advice:
- Carers UK - We’re here to make life better for carers - Carers UK
- Carers Trust Homepage - Carers Trust
- Disability Rights UK (0330 995 0400) Disability Rights UK | We are disabled people leading change
- Age UK (Age UK Trafford 0161 746 9754) Age UK | The UK's leading charity helping every older person who needs us
- Cerebra (0800 328 1159) Cerebra - Working with you and your amazing child They help children with brain conditions and help families discover a better life together.
- Contact a Family Contact - for families with disabled children | Contact They support families with disabled Children. Providing information, advice, support, events, and workshops.
- https://www.qwell.io/ Offering Free, safe and anonymous mental health support for adults
- Social Services (0161 912 5199) Trafford Council Adult Social Care - help for adults | Trafford Directory
- Trafford Welfare Rights- ( 0161 9122 735) Trafford Welfare Rights
- One Stop Resource Centre (0345 2990 798) It provides community equipment and adaptation services for people living in Trafford, who may need assistance with daily living due to a disability.
Trafford Carers Centre is a charity that supports carers of someone living in Trafford. If the person you look after lives in another local authority area you can find a carers centre in that area by entering their post code at https://carers.org/help-and-info/carer-services-near-you
If you have a specific issue / query that needs addressing please do not hesitate to call the Helpline on 0161 848 2400 and one of our caseworkers will endeavour to help you.