Young Adult Resources
There is a great deal of information and advice available but it can be a frustrating and time-consuming process trying to find answers to questions that carers face on a daily basis. At TCC, we aim to either answer your query with minimum delay or at least know where to seek the appropriate advice if not immediately apparent. Many specific conditions / disabilities have their own dedicated web sites which can provide specific help and advice - but for more generic national advice:
- Carers UK - We’re here to make life better for carers - Carers UK
- Developed by Carers UK, Jointly is an innovative mobile and online app that is designed by carers for carers.Jointly makes caring easier, less stressful and more organised by making communication and coordination between those who share the care as easy as a text message. You will need to download the app on your device.
- Carers Trust Homepage - Carers Trust
- Upfront Carer Guide by Carers UK. This is a simple tool for carers who are new to the maze of benefits and entitlements. Fill in your details, spend a couple of minutes answering questions and we'll guide you to the information you need.
- Disability Rights UK Disability Rights UK | We are disabled people leading change
- Kooth- Online mental wellbeing support, free safe and anonymous support. Ages for 10-18 years.
- https://www.qwell.io/ Offering Free, safe and anonymous mental health support for adults. 19 years +
- Social Services Trafford Council Adult Social Care - help for adults | Trafford Directory
TCC is a charity that supports carers of someone living in Trafford. If the person you look after lives in another local authority area you can find a carers centre in that area by entering their post code at https://carers.org/help-and-info/carer-services-near-you
If you have a specific issue / query that needs addressing please do not hesitate to call the Helpline on 0161 848 2400 and one of our caseworkers will endeavour to help you.