Carers Statutory Assessment and Reviews
Under the Care Act 2014, all carers have the right to a statutory carers assessment which looks at their needs and the impact that their caring role is having on their wellbeing and if the carer can continue to provide care.
Trafford Carers Centre completes carers assessments for unpaid carers in Trafford, free of charge. An assessment can be completed over the telephone. Carers can be referred by filling out an online referral form, or by calling the helpline on 0161 848 2400 option 1.
During the assessment, caseworkers will ask questions about:
- what support they need to help them achieve the things they want to do day to day i.e. package of care, respite, family support, equipment
- Their physical and mental health
- Their financial situation and benefit support
- Social isolation
- Any other responsibilities the carer has
Our caseworkers will also talk to carers to best understand their caring role and to identify the carers needs to reduce the pressure on their physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing. It allows for an immediate response to any needs and helps reach a more stable position before identifying long term support. This talk is called a “Conversation 1.”
The Conversations are about us working together with carers to find the best support available to meet the needs of carers. There is no one size fits all.
Annual Reviews are usually completed every 12 months following an assessment to review your circumstances to identify if anything has changed and whether you need further support.
This is our TCC Self Review Form_Fillable Form. Self reviews are an opportunity to do some self reflection and to be honest with yourself. This can be just for yourself, to reflect on how things are going recently or it can be an opportunity to reach out to Trafford Carers Centre and have a chat with us if you haven’t been in touch for a while. If you need help or feel as though you’re struggling, we will be happy to give you a call.
How it works:
- Click on the hyperlink above and start filling out the form.
- When completed, save the document on your laptop or computer. Save it in a place where you can reach it again, like your desktop or documents.
- Attach the document to an email to email@example.com
- Send the email.
Please be aware:
- This form should only be completed by carers who are registered with Trafford Carers Centre and has not had any contact from a caseworker.
- If you are not registered and would like support please complete the Get In Touch / Make a Referral link
- If there has been a significant change to your caring role, we recommend you contact our helpline to complete a new carers assessment.