A Carer’s Trust survey showed that 1 in 20 young carers miss school because of their caring role, 26% said they were bullied and 39% said no one at school was aware of their responsibilities.
We can work with schools to help identify and support young carers, ensuring that teachers and support staff feel confident in the help they offer. This could include:
- Providing carer awareness training in schools for staff and governors
- A referral pathway to our Young Carers Project
- Updates via our e-newsletter
- Working directly with a young carers school lead
- Providing a support group for the young carers in your school
- Supporting engagement with wider multi-agency services