It is important that as professionals working directly with young carers that you feel supported and confident to offer guidance to young carers. We want you to know that you are not on your own and that our young carers team will work with you to help identify and support Young Carers through:
- Providing carer awareness training in schools for the staff team and governers
- A referral pathway to our Young Carers Project
- 2 meetings a year to keep schools up to date on services
- E-mail updates
- Working directly with a young carers school lead
- Providing a support group for the young carers in your school
- Supporting engagement with wider multi-agency services
- Helping you to adopt ‘Young Carers in Schools’, a Carers Trust initiative.
- and also have an online referral system for you to refer young carers.
If you would like to talk to us about how we can help you support young carers in your school please call Kirsty or Alison on 0161 848 2400 option 3
Alternatively learn more about referring a young carer here