Trafford Carers Centre is a non-profit organisation that supports unpaid carers looking after someone who lives in the Trafford area. The majority of our services are free, and everything you tell us will be kept in confidence.
We have a dedicated team of caseworkers to support every caring role; from Learning & Disability, Autism & Asperger’s, Dementia, Stroke, Health, End of Life and Young Carers.
We offer the following services:
- A Carers Helpline offering information, support and advice
- Carers assessments looking at carers’ needs and supporting them to look after their own health & wellbeing
- A dedicated Carer’s Nurse who offers annual Health Checks
- A Benefits Adviser who assesses if carers are accessing the right benefits
- A quarterly newsletter, keeping carers up-to-date with local news and events
- Relaxation therapies
- Free counselling
- Carers Social Groups including Art, Carers Choir, Gardening, Genealogy and Craft
- Training sessions
- Wellbeing sessions including group therapy, mindfulness and yoga
- A 24hr emergency card service, to give carers peace of mind
- Support for young carers
- Volunteering opportunities
At the Centre we aim to support carers in recognising their own needs, help them achieve their aspirations and ensure they are fully understood, valued and supported in their chosen caring role.
If you are in a caring role and feel as though you need some support, advice or even an activity to give you a break and respite. Get in touch with the team at Trafford Carers Centre either through calling our helpline on 0161 848 2400 or by filling in our self assessment form.