Volunteers are a huge part of the team at Trafford Carers, we simply couldn’t do what we do without them! Volunteers help out across the organisation and there are a range of opportunities to get involved.
As well as helping carers get the support they deserve, volunteering is a great way of meeting people, developing skills and being a valued part of the community. There are a number of ways that people can get involved as volunteers, including:
- Running a group or activity
- Supporting a group or activity
- Delivering counselling sessions
- Helping at one of our charity shops
- Doing admin in the office
- Fundraising and marketing
- On our board of trustees
We are committed to equal opportunities and believe in the value of diversity. For more information on getting involved as a volunteer, including any questions regarding accessibility and adjustments we can make to welcome all volunteers, please contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator, Flo Goddard on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 8482400.
Social Media Volunteer
Trafford Carers Centre is looking for a Social Media Volunteer who can help us to keep our Facebook and Twitter up to date. This is a flexible, voluntary role, although we are ideally looking for someone who can commit to a few hours per week.
We are looking for someone who can create interesting and engaging content to update our supporters and promote our work, share news and events and promote our fundraising initiatives. This will involve a couple of hours work per week (days/times flexible).
- Good knowledge and experience of using social media
- Experience of creating and managing online communities (desirable)
- Ability to work effectively and positively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to create engaging content
- An understanding of the issues faced by unpaid carers (desirable)