Training for professionals
Training courses are offered to professional bodies with sessions designed to enable you to better identify and support carers by:
- Helping you to understand the caring role and the impact it has.
- Discussing carer’s rights and the legislative response to carers.
- Identifying poor practice and developing examples of good practice.
- Producing an action plan to deliver targeted support in your professional environment.
The courses are suitable to anyone who may be working with ill, older or disabled people in a community, health or social care setting and engage with family, friends or neighbour that may be providing unpaid care.
The course is also suitable to businesses, organisations and schools to help identify carers in your professional environment.
Training for Carers
Courses are designed to provide carers with skills to help them in their caring role or simply as a means to learn something new.
We currently run 3 online courses which can be accessed anytime by a carer.
GP’s and other agencies working directly with carers can now order our carer prescription pad which will allow you to administer the above courses. To order a prescription pad please email email@example.com or call 0161 848 2400 option 4.
Ad hoc courses also run throughout the year dependent on demand. The types of courses available cover:
- stress management
- first aid
- moving and assisting
- painting and flower arranging
- health awareness, either one-to-one or in group session
If there is something else you think would benefit a carer in learning which we don’t currently offer, where possible, we will try and provide it.
For details of courses currently available check the latest Newsletter or contact the team by calling our helpline on 0161 848 2400 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org