Our vision is:
To promote a society in which carers are fully understood, valued and supported, thus enabled to perform their critical, unique role as effectively as possible.
- To provide information, advice and support to all carers, former carers and those working with and for carers in and around the metropolitan borough of Trafford, aiming to improve carers physical, psychological and social lives.
- To enable carers and former carers to have an independent voice to positively and effectively influence the development of relevant local services.
- To promote any charitable purposes for the benefit of carers, former carers and those working with and for carers in and around the metropolitan borough of Trafford and in particular the advancement of education and furtherance of health and the relief of poverty, distress and sickness.
Long term strategic objectives
- Carers know about the Centre and our services and perceive it as a service for them. All carers will be able to access our services.
- Carers are more informed about services, their rights and other information that they need to carry out their caring role effectively.
- Carers are able to recognise their own needs as important and are supported to take action to change their lives. So they will feel valued in their own right.
- Carers will feel less stressed, isolated and healthier and thus better able to carry out their caring role.
- Trafford Centre will help to fit carers’ needs better by strengthening the voice of carers.
- Trafford Carers Centre team are supported to develop and are committed to continual improvement so that carers stay confident in the quality of the Centres services.
- Trafford Carers Centre will endeavour to grow and develop in accordance with carers’ needs and will increase its resources and use them effectively and efficiently.