Trafford Carers Centre is looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic engagement officer to apply their knowledge of engagement with local BAME communities and implement targeted campaigns to address vaccine hesitancy and deliver a culturally aware project to increase BAME engagement with carer support, advice and activities.
|The temporary role will involve building strong relationships with carers, internal staff and key partners across Trafford to ensure effective information, advice and support is delivered to BAME carers in the following key areas:|
- Interpreter for assessments and appointments
- Leaflets in different languages
- Online resources to reduce vaccination hesitancy in partnership with local community groups
- Virtual sessions with BAME communities around vaccine hesitancy and carers support available
The appointed individual must be experienced in BAME outreach work with lived experience of BAME communities and community networks. They should be able to develop good relationships with local community groups and voluntary organisations.
Conditions of Work
- Contract: Temporary, Fixed term 12 months
- Hours of work: 17.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday, between the hours of 9.00am – 4:30pm, (some flexibility with working hours will be considered) with some occasional evening and weekend work, which will be compensated by time off in lieu.
- Salary: £10,750 per annum
- Period of notice: 3 months
- Probation period: 6 months
How to Apply:
Please complete an application form stating relevant experience related to the job description and purpose specification and return your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 29th April 2021
Interviews: To be confirmed
Trafford Carers Centre strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.