Here’s another great healthy soup to keep you warm and healthy. Thanks to our Social Media Volunteer Maria for sharing this recipe with us.
Carrot, Coriander and Chilli Soup
Serves: 4-5 (but with more water it can go further)
5 large carrots
Bunch of coriander – if unsure, use a big, packed handful – including stalks (make sure it’s thoroughly washed)
1 red chilli
1-2 Onions (depending on preference)
3 Garlic Cloves
2 Veg Stock Cubes
Herbs of your choice (Normally I would use oregano, rosemary, chilli flakes, salt and pepper – rough sprinkle of each)
1) Chop Onion, Garlic and Chilli. Chop Onion roughly but Garlic and Chilli finely. (if you are blending the soup at the end, everything can be chopped roughly)
2) Add to a large pan with herbs of your choice and olive oil and simmer until soft
3) Chop Carrots and Potatoes and add to the pan. Mix with other ingredients.
4) Add half of the Corriander and ensure everything is mixed together.
5) Boil Kettle and add the water to easily cover the vegetables. The more water the more soup essentially, but you don’t want it to be watery. Make sure it is all mixed together. Add lid and leave to boil for around 15 – 20 minutes.
6) Stir half way through to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom of the pan.
7) Turn the heat down once vegetables are soft and leave to simmer for a further 10 minutes. If you feel too much water has evaporated, you can add more here before leaving it for 10 minutes to simmer.
8) Turn off the heat and mash the vegetables.
9) If you have a blender and prefer a smoother soup, you can blend it once cooled a bit. If you are not blending you can serve once you are happy with the mashed consistency.
10) Add more salt and pepper if desired.