We have been receiving some heartbreaking calls from carers who are really struggling at the moment.
They aren’t able to get to the support groups, take the breaks or have the respite that usually keep them going. There may be extra children in the house off school, or adults working from home. The total and sudden change in routine is making daily life even more stressful for the carers and the people they are caring for. For some, this can mean more dangerous.
Our expert team are still on hand to offer emotional support, health checks, counselling and benefits advice over the phone. We’re currently looking at how we can extend our support with the help of fabulous local volunteers.
Now more than ever, we need the support of the community to make sure we’re still here for carers.
- Make a donation today, just £12 could pay for a phone call that could be a vital lifeline to a carer in crisis
- Share details of the campaign on social media – check out our Facebook and Twitter pages
- Organise a virtual fundraising event or ask for sponsorship to do something different
- Tell us about your experience of being a carer so we can help more people understand why we need their support, and the difference their donation makes
- Get onto eBay if you’re having a clear out and donate a portion of your sales
- Sign up to volunteer through the Trafford Community Hub
For more information and to get involved, contact Sian Day, Fundraising Manager on email@example.com or call 0161 8482400 (option 4).