‘Tis the season to be jolly… Except for lots of unpaid carers, it’s not.
This Christmas there will be over 24,000 people across Trafford looking after a friend, family member or neighbour who couldn’t manage without them. From young carers wrapping presents and cooking the Christmas dinner, to older carers who can’t take a break because there’s no one else to help, carers often end up feeling lonely, stressed and unwell. With expectations about being surrounded by happy families and stretched finances under more strain it can be an especially hard time of year.
Trafford Carers Centre provides free, confidential advice and support, activity groups and a range of health and wellbeing services. We rely on donations to give carers the support they deserve.
“Just having someone listen to me, without judgement for the way I feel is so helpful and I can’t tell you how valuable the service was.”
Please help carers cope this Christmas by making a donation or organising your own festive fundraising. You could:
– Have a Christmas card collection and ask friends and family to donate instead of spending on cards and stamps
– If you can make presents look the part, get wrapping in exchange for a fee
– Bake or buy some mince pies, get together and share some tasty treats
– Spread some festive cheer with Christmas carolling
– See what you have gathering dust that could make someone’s perfect gift and set up a preloved pressies sale
Whatever you can give will be used to support carers when they need it most. Whether it’s a chat with one of our expert team, a health check up from our qualified nurse, a counselling session, a massage or going along to a group where they can meet other people who know what they’re going through.
Visit our JustGiving page to make a donation online or contact Sian Day, Fundraising Manager to get fundraising. Email email@example.com or call 0161 8482400 (option 4).