The Carers Centre has recently been awarded £4,000 to allow us to make small grants of up to £150 per young carer aged 14-25 years old.
The Grants can be used for the following:
– Travel costs to enable young adult carers to attend interviews, – school, college, university, work or training
– Fees for training courses or trips
– Textbooks and revision guides
– IT equipment
– Uniform/clothing for school, work, training or interviews
– Haircuts prior to interviews
– Driving lessons (if being unable to drive is a barrier to their engaging in education, employment and training. This could be in addition to a Carers Access grant from Carers Trust.)
– Crisis respite care (short term cover to enable attendance at an interview, training or exam)
To apply for funding please complete the form below. The panel meet the first week of every month to review applications.
If you would like any further information please contact Kirsty or Alison on 0161 848 2400.