After 12 years service at the Carers Centre, our Chief Executive Officer, Kelly, is leaving for a new challenge.
Therefore we are recruiting for the following post:
Chief Executive Officer – Trafford Carers Centre
Salary: £39,267 – £41,140
Hours: 35 per week (occasional evening and weekend work)
Trafford Carers Centre is a charity working in Trafford supporting unpaid carers who care for someone who could not manage without the care and support of a family member, friend or neighbour (a carer).
At the Centre we aim to support carers in recognising their own needs, help them achieve their aspirations and ensure they are fully understood, valued and supported in their chosen caring role. We provide information, emotional support and advocacy to carers by offering a variety of services which include:
- A carers helpline offering information, support and advice
- Carers assessments and carers health checks, looking at carers’ needs and supporting them to look after their own health
- Funding for carers, to enable them to take a break
- A bi-monthly newsletter, keeping carers up-to-date with local and national news and events
- Relaxation therapies and a free counselling service
- Carers clubs, event, forums and training sessions
- Volunteering opportunities
- A 24hr emergency card service, to give carers peace of mind
- Support for young carers
- End of life support for carers and their families
The Board of Trustees is seeking a Chief Executive who will be responsible for all aspects of the Centre’s operations and strategic management. The successful candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic about the Centre and its objectives. They will be a good communicator, both internally and externally, and able to enthuse the Centre’s team of staff and volunteers. They should be able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the effective management of a medium sized charity, including financial management, team leadership, marketing, business development and the ability to think and act strategically. A keen interest in the Centre’s mission is vital, as is a creative and entrepreneurial mind-set, with the ability to develop and promote new revenue-generating activities.
A working knowledge of carers would be an advantage, but is not an essential requirement.
For further information, and details of how to apply, please contact us on 0161 848 2402 or email us at email@example.com