Christmas is notoriously a busy time in everyone’s calendar from buying and wrapping the gifts to the everyday chores of going to work or school, homework or housework . Can you imagine if you had the responsibility of caring for someone who couldn’t manage without you, trying to juggle their health & wellbeing with their own and then adding the Christmas rush on top?
This December why not put yourself in the shoes of a carer and challenge yourself to take part in Trafford Carers Centre Jingle Juggle; from the Elf-Scapade to wearing a festive jumper.
We have suggested 24 different fundraising activities, for you to take part in and it’s up to you how many & which you choose to do. Adding that extra challenge to your already busy calendar will give you just a little taste of what life can be like as a carer.
How to take part:
1. Download our Jingle Juggle Activities Poster and select 1 (or more) activity.
2. Register your activity by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Download the Fundraising Pack
4. Have fun and tell everyone about it. Tweet #JingleJuggle
Activities you can take part in (See activities poster for more details):
1. Bah Humbug – Charge a fee everytime someone mentions anything about Christmas
2. Christmas Slim – Sponsored slim down before the Christmas treats take over
3. Elf Auction – Auction off people’s helpful skills from brewing up to cleaning.
4. Jingle Juggle Wishes – download our poster instead of sending Christmas Cards
5. Festive Jumper Day – wear something festive and donate to Trafford Carers Centre
6. Create & Craft – make something festive and sell it to your colleagues
7. Carol-oke – Hold your own X-Factor and either donate to sing or donate to get people to stop!!
8. Secret Santa – Donate a £1 from your budget
9. Speed Decorate – Have a competition to see who can decorate their desk the fastest and make a donation
10. Festive Photobomb – Download the Jingle Juggle Photobomb Challenge
11. Christmas Quiz – Hold a quiz for Trafford Carers Centre
12. Christmas Bake Off – show off your baking skills and then sell your treats
13. Nosy Rudolph – pin the nose on rudolph, who can get the closest?
14. Elf-Scapade – dress up as elves and hold a fun run.
15. Wrap Up! – Offer to wrap presents for a small fee
16. Christmas Raffle – Ask local businesses to donate prizes and hold a raffle
17. Cheese & Crackers – Host a lunch for your friends or colleagues and ask for a donation
18. Festive Tucker – Open a charity tuck shop
19. Bag Pack – join in on one of our festive bagpacks
20. Jingling Presents – Make a present shaped money box and lighten your pockets of all that loose change
21. Jingle Juggle Party – Organise your own party and put a donation box by the DJ
22. Man vs Sprouts – A sprout eating competition where you can charge the spectators
23. Gift Amnesty – clear your cupboards of all those old gifts and hold a sale
24. Christmas Bonus – Maybe not your whole Christmas bonus but why not donate your last hours pay?